The H2020 Co-VAL project and the European Association for Research on Services (RESER) are co-organising the ‘Co-VAL & 30th RESER International Conference: Value co-creation, Innovation and Digital Transformation in Public Services’, on June 18th – 19th 2020, in the University of Alcalá, in Madrid, Spain.
Nowadays, public sector transformation requires thinking of inclusive ways of citizen engagement. The traditional view of top-down and supply-driven public administrations is no longer appropriate for the creation of public value. There is a need for a demand-driven design of public services that incorporates the opportunities, provided by new technologies, for the effective engagement of citizens and organisations. Value is increasingly co-created through the involvement of all stakeholders in multiple phases of the service process: Co-planning, co-design, co-implementation, co-delivery, and co-evaluation. This process can transform public administrations. As a result, a new research agenda is needed in order to help unlock this transformative power.
The 30th RESER Conference merges with the International Co-VAL Conference in an effort to create synergies between the two communities, to better understand the latest trends in public service research towards an authentic transformation of public administration in Europe and worldwide.
The conference builds on the work undertaken by Co-VAL on value co-creation and innovation in European public administrations and will be furthermore organised around the following tracks:
- Track 1: Value co-creation in public services
- Track 2: Service innovation and innovation ecosystems in public services
- Track 3: Digital transformation in public services
- Track 4: Measuring value co-creation and innovation in public services
- Track 5: Service design and co-creation methods for public services
- Track 6: Living-labs and co-creation spaces for public services
- Track 7: Lessons learned from private sector
- Track 8: Public services in developing economies
- Track 9 Practitioners track: Policy actions and cases for public sector transformation
Stay tuned for more information about the submission of papers and the Conference’s registration details and agenda!