On 6th June 2019, meet us in Brussels to discuss about co-creation and design thinking in the public sector!
We are hosting a high-level summit to see the launch of Co-VAL’s first policy brief titled “Government Co-Creation: Why and How – a new policy brief based on more than one year of field analysis and testing”, on Thursday the 6th of June, 2019, from 11.00 am to 12.30 pm, at the Residence Palace in Brussels.
As a new European Commission and European Parliament prepare to take power in Belgium, top civil-service modernisers, world-leading specialists and experts on delivering digital in the public and private spheres gather to discuss the challenges ahead for public service – and the new tools that public servants and citizens are now able to use to “co-create” together.
Mike Bracken, founding director of the world-leading Government Digital Service department in the Cabinet Office of the United Kingdom, reflects on his 15 years of leadership – and unmatched track record in putting effective digital tools into the hands of people – in The 2019 Jean Monnet Lecture. The proceedings will feed directly into Co-VAL’s ambitious work programme, which will culminate in e-government recommendations for the next European Commission.
Senior Fellow, Digital Government
The Lisbon Council
Founding Director, Government Digital Services, UK
The Lisbon Council
The 2019 Jean Monnet Lecture:
- Mike Bracken, senior fellow, the Lisbon Council; founding director of the Government Digital Services (GDS) department, Cabinet Office, United Kingdom
- Francesco Mureddu, principal author, Government Co-Creation: Why and How; associate director, the Lisbon Council
- Rutger Groot Wassink, counsellor, democratisation, Amsterdam, Netherlands (tbc)
- Gertrud Ingestad, director-general, informatics, European Commission
- Paola Pisano, deputy mayor for innovation, smart city, demographic and statistical services and information systems, Turin, Italy
- Amalia Zepou, vice-mayor, civil society and innovation, Athens, Greece
If you want to join this summit, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Co-Creation Summit” in the subject heading. Seats will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Only registered participants will have access to the venue.