BAGázs Public Benefit Association – change in the lives of segregated Roma settlements
Since its foundation in 2011 BAGázs Association has been working to contribute to an inclusive and accepting society in which Roma people have a chance to achieve their goals. Currently BAGázs works in two segregated Roma settlements in Central Hungary, in Bag since 2011 and in Dány since 2017.
The BAGázs responds to local needs with a complex and flexible program structure targeting children as well as adults (families). The main objective of the Association is to bring about a permanent change in the lives of segregated Roma communities and in their environment (e.g. local institutions, village communities) and to transform the stereotypes and prejudices of the majority society against the Roma. This is implemented through professional work based on local needs and adopted to the dynamics and development pace of the given slums.
Stakeholders & Beneficiaries
Digital Transformation Process
Results, Outcomes & Impacts
- permanent presence in 2 Roma settlements (Bag, Dány);
- a complex program structure consisting of 8 programs for children and adults, 75% of families in the slums participated in these programs;
- 15 paid employees (9 full-time, 6 part-time employees);
- in 2018 more than 100 volunteers are trained and involved in their programs to bring new patterns to the closed communities;
- more than 200 Roma participants.